I have set up several WordPress blogs for family and friends and have decided that I would create a series of screencasts showing how to accomplish several tasks created for users ranging from a beginner experience level to an advanced user.
I plan to cover the following topics:
- How to use Hostmonster/Bluehost for a domain purchased at GoDaddy
- How to set up a subdomain on Hostmonster/Bluehost
- How to install a WordPress blog on Hostmonster/Bluehost
- How to set up Search Engine Friendly, Pretty URLs with WordPress
- How to install new themes on WordPress
- How to set up a basic informational website with WordPress
- How to filter spam comments with WordPress
- How to customize existing WordPress themes by using Firebug
- How to add a tag cloud to your WordPress blog
- How to sell products using WordPress
- How to install plugins
- How to create your own plugins
I will be linking to the new tutorials from this page as they are created. If there are any other topics you would like me to cover, please post a comment. I will gladly try to cover any topic of interest.
Please note: I am an affiliate of Hostmonster and Bluehost. I receive a commission for any account sign-ups that are referred from this site. This allows me to put in the time necessary to deliver useful content. This blog is hosted on Hostmonster. I have been a customer of both Hostmonster and Bluehost for several years now and have been very satisfied by their customer service and reliability. Hostmonster and Bluehost are the same company.