I have my dream job working for FamilySearch. Here’s why I think it is the best:
1. Within the genealogy and family history space, there are so many difficult problems to solve technologically. This keeps things very interesting.
2. I get to work with great people within the FamilySearch organization. Most of the people who work at FamilySearch work at FamilySearch because they have a personal conviction of preserving and connecting to their families. I love that.
3. I get to work with brilliant people from all over the world who are building the future of genealogy systems.
4. I love genealogy and family history. As I continue to research, I keep finding more and more interesting things about my ancestors. I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface and my goal is to become a proficient researcher.
5. The world of genealogy is changing. It is awesome being part of a workforce that is connecting diverse systems, transferring big data, and helping people break through genealogical brick walls.
6. I get an amazing view of Temple Square from my office window. I took the featured image picture with my iPhone 5 from my window.